Job Opening – Deputy Communications Director
Location: New Mexico Office of the Attorney General, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Employment Type: Full-Time
***Open Until the Position is Filled***
The New Mexico Office of the Attorney General is seeking a dedicated and talented Deputy Communications Director to join our Policy and Public Affairs Division which serves at the pleasure of the Attorney General. As the Deputy Communications Director, you will be responsible for responding to daily media inquiries, creating social media content, filming, and photographing internal and external events as well as other communications-related tasks. Their primary focus is to highlight and publicize the efforts of the Attorney General’s Office when it comes to protecting New Mexicans and our assets. The Deputy reports to the Director of Communications, working closely with the Attorney General, while also collaborating with a team of attorneys and legal professionals to develop and execute strategic messaging.
- Receiving media inquiries and crafting a response to receive approval from executive-level staff.
- Drafting social media content to accompany digital assets for the Office’s social media platforms.
- Assisting with long-term campaigns and managing their timelines and deliverables.
- Filming and photographing events that the Attorney General participates in as well as employees within the Office who participate in external and internal events.
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with all team members to gather information in response to a media inquiry or social media post.
- Help write and develop content for our internal employee newsletter.
- Work closely with the Office’s digital media specialist to cultivate innovative video productions.
- Travel to necessary locations within the state to help document and publicize meetings or events.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institute.
- Three or more years of experience within the communications or public relations field.
To apply for the position of Deputy Communications Director, please submit the following documents to Dean Woulard at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Cover letter detailing your interest in the role and your relevant experience.
2. Resume/CV with a detailed overview of your educational and professional background.
3. Writing samples showcasing your legal research and writing abilities.
4. Contact information for three professional references.
The New Mexico Office of the Attorney General is committed to recruiting the highest quality candidates who support the values of integrity, excellence and service. We have a commitment to honesty, ethical behavior, and transparency in all actions and decisions. We strive for the highest level of professionalism and expertise in all aspects of our work. And we have a strong dedication to serving the public interest and prioritizing the well-being of the community – especially the interests of those least capable of defending themselves. The New Mexico Office of the Attorney General is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.